Diabetes occurs when the body does not produce insulin. Natural and alternative methods are becoming popular for treating diabetes. While they may be successful, some treatments can be dangerous. Always make sure to consult you physician before attempting any of these. Here are a few ways to naturally treat your diabetes.
- Diet and Exercise – Dr. Draxe has a fantastic program on Natural Diabetes Remedies. Its a 30 day plan worth checking out.
- Eat Smart: Drink water, increase vegetables, stay away from sugar, avoid inflammatory foods, prepare your food.
- Exercise regularly.
- Acupuncture – Used to offer relief from chronic pain, which could be beneficial if you have neuropathy.
- Guided Imagery – Guided imagery falls into the meditation and relaxation category as it allows you to escape daily tensions and pain through creation of mental images.
- Natural Supplements – Researchers have discovered that dietary supplements like Chromium are beneficial for diabetes management.